Tuesday 7 October 2014

Inconsistent end of week report thing.

So its obviously not the end of the week. 
It's Tuesday.  

Last week went pretty well.  It was recovery week so it was easy on me and I felt awesome all week.  Swimming was cancelled and I only did one swim session, but with many many more coached swim sessions coming, I just really used it as a recovery week.  Friday night after a 12 hour shift, I came home and it was raining.  So I put the shoes on and ran anyways.  It made me feel good! Like the dedication was kicking in! Saturday happened and I went-out and had several drinks more than I should.  My Sunday morning shift sucked.  After work I was feeling like crap! There were tons of things I was supposed to do...like write this for example.  However I decided that doing nothing and eventually sleeping was a much better idea.  I awoke all tangled in my sweat soaked sheets at about midnight feeling worse than ever. Not good! I am supposed to be at the hospital at 8:30 for my volunteer shift.  Then I had a 6k run to do, all of my weekly chores to do.  Groceries, laundry and cooking.  Then I had swim practice after all that.  I quickly ran to the washroom and dosed myself with NyQuil.  I woke-up with my alarm at 6:30 and said to myself.  NOPE!   I then promptly cancelled my volunteer shift.  Somewhere around noon I cancelled on my vocals teacher.  I then had a huge fight with myself.  Do I run today even though I feel like crap? Holy crap, what about swimming??  I then dosed myself with NyQuil and went back to sleep.  Oddly through all of this I was making sure to keep myself hydrated similar to if I were on the bike for a long period of time.  I even  made sure I was taking in electrolytes as well as plain water.  Right, where was I? I am a little bit out of it still, but I really wanted to stick to my schedule!  I figured the swim would probably be too rough, but I could just take my time with the run and I should be alright.  Around 9:00 I made the call.  No run.  More sleep.  I decided that I would rather miss one run than risk getting sicker and missing more.  Hell, I may feel better and I can push it all back a day and still get my mileage in.  Instead of Monday, Wednesday, Friday I can do Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday.

At least that's the plan.  I just got off work early and I have homework to do.  I think I will get cozy, make some tea and do that while doing laundry.   Then hopefully I will feel a bit better after class and I can put in my run then.  In a strange turn of events I am not scheduled for my usual Wednesday morning shift so no matter what I should be back to 100% by tomorrow evening for my swim practice after a good sleep-in session.


Here's hoping!

No comments:

Post a Comment